Step 6: Make a Plan!
It’s time to develop a plan for how you will promote walkingand biking in your community or organization.
Your plan should include strategies that:
- 1. Increase access and education.
- Provide motivation and incentives.
- Promote the health and transportation benefits of walking and biking.
- Are informed about all the improvements being made to the built environment, such as new bicycle and pedestrian paths.
- Locate walking/biking routes in and around your community.
- Find an individual in your organization who will champion the effort to promote walking and biking.
- Contact the Marin Wellness Collaborative for support.
- Visit MarinBEHealthy.org and WalkBikeMarin.org.
Once you have your plan in place, assess your progress. Atregular intervals, such as every 3-6 months, take the assessment quiz again to see how you have improved. Remember to contact the Marin Wellness Collaborative to let them know how your organization is progressing.