Who We Are
Who Are We?
The Marin Wellness Collaborative (The Collaborative) is a coalition of nearly 50 health-related organizations and dedicated individuals in Marin County committed to facilitating change at the environmental and policy level that supports better nutrition, physical activity and increased access to healthy foods.
We imagine a community that draws people together to create an environment that strengthens the present and shapes a positive and healthy future by promoting life-long healthy habits.
To Increase the ability of all Marin residents to eat healthy, affordable foods and to be physically active.
- Respect & Advocacy for every individual's right to: healthy, afforadable foods, good nutrition, and safe, walkable neighborhoods;
- Community (and Capacity) Building through strengthening partnerships and supporting "Best Practices;"
- Education leading to changes in habits and social norms;
- Embracing Diversity across communities and the age spectrum
- Empowering individuals and communities to change their environment;
- Commitment to work collaboratively to achieve the Mission.